Here's How it Works
1. Qualifying organizations can register and fill out an Employer Questionnaire at BestPlacestoWork417.com.
2. Employees receive the Employee Engagement & Satisfaction Survey. This survey is an in-depth analysis and is broken down into eight core focus areas. A 40% response rate is required to be considered for the list (or 80% if the organization has fewer than 25 employees).
3. Best Companies Group completes the analysis using a weighted evaluation: 75% of the evaluation is based upon the overall scores from the Employee Engagement & Satisfaction Surveys, and 25% is based on the scores obtained from the Employer Questionnaire.
- Can be a publicly or privately held business
- Can be a for-profit business, not-for-profit business or government municipality
- Must have a facility in 417-land. Qualified counties include Barry, Barton, Cedar, Christian, Dade, Dallas, Douglas, Greene, Hickory, Howell, Jasper, Laclede, Lawrence, McDonald, Newton, Oregon, Ozark, Polk, Shannon, St. Clair, Stone, Taney, Texas, Vernon, Webster and Wright.
- Must have a minimum of 15 full-time or part-time employees working in 417-land
- Must have been in business for one year
About Best Companies Group
Best Companies Group was formed in January of 2004 with the purpose of identifying and recognizing outstanding employers. Using state-of-the art surveys and technology, BCG partners with publishing and other business or human resource organizations to create and manage “Best Places to Work” programs internationally, nationally, state-wide, regionally, and by industry. BCG is headquartered in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania in the United States. BCG also works on several large independent survey and research projects around the world.
For any additional questions or inquiries, please email Biz 417 Editor Jenna deJong.