1. OzWater is bottled from a trapped glacier sitting 2,000 feet under the Ozarks. Chad Sitton, on-site partner of Deer Lake Partners, said the source is considered an infinite water supply and hasn't seen the light of day for the past 35,000 years.
2. OzWater is bottled by Deer Lake Partners. One of those partners, Chad Sitton, is a 417-land local who has known about the source for many years.
3. The plant sits on Deer Lake Golf Course. Sitton says its original owner dug the well in the 1970s in the hopes of striking natural gas or oil.
4. The partners enlisted the help of National Testing Laboratories to test the water for its health benefits. The tests found that the water has minerals that make this a naturally healthy water source.
5. Once OzWater gains traction, Deer Lake Partners hopes to introduce a biodegradable water bottle to the market.
Biz 417 dives deeper into OzWater’s story in the November/December 2019 issue. Sitton shares his takeaways and the learning curve he’s overcome along the way. Read the full story here.