Amy Blankson, bestselling author, motivational researcher, happiness expert, Harvard graduate, TEDx speaker
When Amy Blankson learned about a study that reported Americans are more unhappy than they’ve been in 50 years, she decided she wanted to learn more about fearless positivity and what it meant. Blankson concluded that fearless positivity is when people stop saying, “I’ll be happy when…” Instead, it’s when people find happiness even in the midst of difficult and stressful situations. She decided to investigate how people thrive in the midst of change. She learned that “a positive mindset is the single greatest competitive advantage in the modern economy,” and eventually she found that 10% of your happiness is based on external circumstances. The remaining 90% is determined by your genes and perception of your situation—not your environment. Blankson said this tells us that we have the capacity to choose and change our level of perception. To do this, Blankson says to boost your through journaling, gratitude, acts of kindness, meditation, and exercise. These activities boost happiness, which in turn creates success.