The results are in! Biz 417 is proud to announce the finalists for Biz 417’s second annual Excellence in Technology Awards presented by Total Highspeed Internet Solutions.
This year, we received more than 70 nominations for the six awards, which highlight 417-land's tech standouts and innovators. We left it up to an independent panel of five judges to determine the top finalists and winners, who will be announced at the Excellence in Technology Awards ceremony on March 1, at The Old Glass Place and featured in the May/June 2018 issue of Biz 417.
Corporate Awards Finalists
- Community Impact: The eFactory, Hack4GoodSGF, Mid-America Technology Alliance
- Most Innovative Startup: Apt Crowd, The Daily Scholar, HCOMM Solutions
- Enterprise Technology: Eagle Speak, Evangel University, Show Me Systems LLC
Individual Awards Finalists
- IT Executive of the Year: Gary Blackard, Jarad Johnson, Stephanie O'Connor
- Developer of the Year: Myke Bates, Maranda Provance, Dan Seawel
- Rising Star: Evan Allen, Aimee Hendrycks, Brenden Reeves
Meet the Judges
- Greg Burris, Springfield City Manager
- Kim Collison Farr, Director of Mercy Innovation's Product Development & Informatics Division
- Shannon McMurtrey, Assistant Professor of Management Information Systems at Drury University
- Jeff Morrissey, Missouri State University's Chief Information Officer
- Heath Rust, Network Security Engineering Manager for Gladiator Technology
Editor's note: A previous version of this page listed four finalists in the Rising Star category. After it was published, we realized that one of those finalists is ineligible and is no longer being considered for this award.